Scared of coming out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared of coming out

I have a young friend who is scared to come out. He is still young, just in senior high school. I used he as he still acts like a man. No one knows his secret except me. So, shall I help him come out into the open or just ignore him and let him do it by himself should events turn the other way?

He should not come out. The world would become a harsh world once he comes out. Better stay as he is.

Comment

• RageThinDrill
      RageThinDrill commented
      Editing a comment
      So you think that it would be much better if he would be in the closet and lying to himself rather than come out of the closet?

If your friend is courageous enough then you could help her come out now. Just warn her that it would be a difficult world out here.

Comment

• BleakHeatingBoundary
      Editing a comment
      I know right? Some people are still not used to people coming out of their shell. She needs support and understanding.

Since you mentioned he's still young, maybe he's still confused or pressured in today's society. I suggest he should give himself a back-check if he's really sure of his identity.

Comment

• daisyhoney
      daisyhoney commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually do not think that there is a confusion as you could already feel it when you were still a little kid.

• Siumedia
      Siumedia commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe in confusion but not pressured. Why, who would pressure him on the first place?

• annierection
      annierection commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you telling us that he might be pressured into being gay?

What makes him so scared of coming out? If he has understanding friends and family then it would be okay for him to come out.

Comment

• BeachBurke
      BeachBurke commented
      Editing a comment
      I have friends who are like him. Well, coming out was one of the hardest things that they had done. Meaning, coming out is not as easy as ordering a box of pizza over the phone.

• JackWabbit
      JackWabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe the problem is that he feels or knows that his friends and family are the type who would reject or shun people who don't fit the norms of society

If he's afraid that he might end up being homeless because of his coming out, I would suggest that he has to make sure that he would be having a place to stay in case his folks decides to kick him out because of it

Comment

Tell him that take his time when it comes to coming out of the closet. Just do it once he's truly ready for it and as a friend, make sure that you're always there for him

Comment

• dickhertz
        dickhertz commented
        Editing a comment
        You sound like that you've been in that situation before. I'm talking about being the supportive friend here and not the one who's going to come out

Just ignore him. If he wants to come out, then he would do it at the right time. Meanwhile, just continue your usual friendship with him.

Comment

• evaspringer
        evaspringer commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that his friend asked his help that's is why she's here asking our help to solve the kid's problem
    Working...
    X