A friend's coming out story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend's coming out story

My friend came out as bisexual to her parents when she introduced her girlfriend during their family event.
    It was in the month of April this year and they've accepted her for that. It was a really touching story and they've been together for months now.
    They've met at a friend's party and their personalities are very alike because they're geeks.
    Long story's short, she is welcome to all family occasions. How cool is that?

Cool, indeed. There are some parents in this generation, well, they're open to those possibilities already. They're already aware of some people coming out already and they accept them anyway.

Comment

• Labea
      Labea commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great. She is lucky that she was accepted well and quickly. She must be very happy.

• kendikendall
      kendikendall commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree that some parents in this generation are now open and acceptable for their child's sexual identity. So, I guess it's normal for when a person comes out and can be accepted as they are.

Well, she is lucky that she was accepted with open arms. Most people are actually not accepted when they come out. People want to see regular people.

Comment

• CumbersomeDirection
      Editing a comment
      You know what they say that what is normal for us is odd to them, but what is normal for them is okay for us. It seems unfair if people see that same-sex couples are odd, well, it's how people see things through their perspective and if they think that it is not okay for two people to love each other, then there's something wrong with their perspective already.

Congratulations on both of them. I hope that they could stay long as a couple. Although we all know that relationship of those kinds are easy to break up.

Comment

• assHangingtight
      assHangingtight commented
      Editing a comment
      How are you so sure that those kinds of relationships are easy to break up? You sound a bit bitter there, my friend. Give them a chance to work things out and you'd be surprised that they're still together for years now.

• JackWabbit
      JackWabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      You can't tell if they'll stay too long or they would easily break up, as you have said but at least they get to experience falling in love and to her side as being bisexual, she is accepted as she is by her family. Luckily, the family also accepts her girlfriend.

They should enjoy their relationship while they are still on it. Soon, they would break up as there is no forever.

Comment

• StickStitch
      StickStitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, it's fun while it's still there and yes they should make the most out of it. It's not that we're both bitter but we'll never know the truth as to how long they can possibly still be together.

• pussySwankylicking
      pussySwankylicking commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, we all know that same sex relationships do not last that long. So, it is always a good idea to keep it and enjoy it while it is still there.

So what exactly is she? A femme lesbian, I guess. Anyway, that is her sexuality. We could not do anything with that one.

Comment

• SraAddictionAnnAccord
      Editing a comment
      I guess she's butch lesbian? Or maybe bisexual as is because she might have ex-boyfriends based from her past.

I hope all parents are that welcoming. I hope that all parents are ready to accept whatever gender identity their children have. I am happy that your friend has such a wonderful family.

Comment

• BreezeLoveTroik
      BreezeLoveTroik commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are the kind of family that I want, a family that is open to everything and will never change their views on you. They'd love, support, and still care for you. I wish families could be like this because everything we do in life always starts at home. It starts with the people there.

What a wonderful story! I really hope that their relationship will last long. And I hope that many members of the LGBT community will experience something like this as well.

Comment

• assWrytight
      assWrytight commented
      Editing a comment
      These days, it's no longer a struggle to some people for coming to their families about their true identities and I'm truly happy about that.

It's nice that they have the chance to introduce the love of their lives to their families already. She's already embraced her true sexuality and her family is very supportive of her and her girlfriend.

Comment

• Financial
      Financial commented
      Editing a comment
      I think every parent's job is to support their kids. They're growing as individuals so they should just support them and for sure their kids will love them for that. That's how things should be, right?

Is she not confused with her sexuality? She could just be on a stage where she is still exploring things up.

Comment

• GarnettThinBelieve
      GarnettThinBelieve commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe, but if she's happy about what she's doing then she should just continue with it. I think her girlfriend likes her anyway so I don't need to judge her by just that.
Working...
X