A friend's coming out story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend's coming out story

My friend came out as bisexual to her parents when she introduced her girlfriend during their family event.
    It was in the month of April this year and they've accepted her for that. It was a really touching story and they've been together for months now.
    They've met at a friend's party and their personalities are very alike because they're geeks.
    Long story's short, she is welcome to all family occasions. How cool is that?

Cool, indeed. There are some parents in this generation, well, they're open to those possibilities already. They're already aware of some people coming out already and they accept them anyway.

Comment

• Labea
      Labea commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great. She is lucky that she was accepted well and quickly. She must be very happy.

Well, she is lucky that she was accepted with open arms. Most people are actually not accepted when they come out. People want to see regular people.

Comment

• CumbersomeDirection
      Editing a comment
      You know what they say that what is normal for us is odd to them, but what is normal for them is okay for us. It seems unfair if people see that same-sex couples are odd, well, it's how people see things through their perspective and if they think that it is not okay for two people to love each other, then there's something wrong with their perspective already.

Congratulations on both of them. I hope that they could stay long as a couple. Although we all know that relationship of those kinds are easy to break up.

Comment

They should enjoy their relationship while they are still on it. Soon, they would break up as there is no forever.

Comment

• StickStitch
        StickStitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, it's fun while it's still there and yes they should make the most out of it. It's not that we're both bitter but we'll never know the truth as to how long they can possibly still be together.

So what exactly is she? A femme lesbian, I guess. Anyway, that is her sexuality. We could not do anything with that one.

Comment

I hope all parents are that welcoming. I hope that all parents are ready to accept whatever gender identity their children have. I am happy that your friend has such a wonderful family.

Comment

• BreezeLoveTroik
          BreezeLoveTroik commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are the kind of family that I want, a family that is open to everything and will never change their views on you. They'd love, support, and still care for you. I wish families could be like this because everything we do in life always starts at home. It starts with the people there.

What a wonderful story! I really hope that their relationship will last long. And I hope that many members of the LGBT community will experience something like this as well.

Comment

Working...
        X