collapse
X
  • filter
  • time
  • show
clear_all
conversation_new_posts

• Not A Big Deal

Do you guys think that there would come a time that coming out to your family or friends would not be a big deal already? Like they would automatically accept you no matter what your gender is?

That would not be possible so it would be a no. The world's civilizations have been in existence for at least 10,000 years already. With the vast amount of time that had passed, the acceptance to be who you are has been too slow. I do not think that the perception on gender would change for the next 10, 000 years.

comment

• MarlinMartingale
      MarlinMartingale commented
      editing_a_comment
      So what you're saying is that we still have the same mindset as those who have lived 10,000 years ago and it will stay the same, even if there's have been a huge advancement in technology and our way of living?

The world is getting more liberal as days pass by. I believe that thousands of years from now, non-mainstream genders would not be an issue anymore and the acceptance would be as automatic just like the pumping of blood from your heart.

comment

• BreezeLoveTroik
      BreezeLoveTroik commented
      editing_a_comment
      Do you think that in the future that there would be a shit ton of gender besides the ones that we currently have?

Someday, when the world is more tolerable and more accepting, then any gender would be accepted without questions. It may not happen in our lifetime, but that is okay.

comment

• GarnettThinBelieve
      GarnettThinBelieve commented
      editing_a_comment
      Well, let us hope that it would come sooner than later. People deserve to be accepted no matter what their gender is.

• GriceVoice
      GriceVoice commented
      editing_a_comment
      How far in the future do you think that would happen?

I think that it would eventually be easier in the future. If everybody would be more accepting and open-minded.

comment

• LoveLatteHappy
      LoveLatteHappy commented
      editing_a_comment
      How many years into the future do you think it would happen?

• assHangingtight
      assHangingtight commented
      editing_a_comment
      LoveLatteHappy I would love to assume that it would be fifty years from now. Because the people who have conservative beliefs would be having problems with humans who want to be with robots by that time lmao.

• DonHungwell
      DonHungwell commented
      editing_a_comment
      LoveLatteHappy I don't know too but I have high hopes for the younger generation, they are more accepting.

If everybody would learn how to be open minded and tolerate and respect each other, then it is possible that it will not be a big deal in the future. But as long as there are people who stick to the old values or beliefs that they had, then coming out will always be a problem for people who consider themselves as non-binary.

comment

• pussyPaltrywet
      pussyPaltrywet commented
      editing_a_comment
      Do you really think that it is possible that every person out there would be open minded or that's just wishful thinking?

• Ponde4rHot
      Ponde4rHot commented
      editing_a_comment
      Those people would not be gone even if coming out is already common nowadays.

That time will not come at all. Why? Because there are hindrances. One of those is religion. In most religions, only male and female are acceptable. All others are rejected. Now, tell me, if there would still be a chance for acceptance in the future?

comment

• FollowShrillPresent
      editing_a_comment
      As long as the religions are there, then the main hindrance would linger for a long time. I do not see that the religions would end soon. They have been there for hundreds of years already.

• Injustice
      Injustice commented
      editing_a_comment
      So are the two of you thinking that as long as there is religion that time would never come? You should remember that there are members of those religions who are allies of the lgbtq community.

If they are open-minded and would not mind anything, then any gender might be accepted in the future. But then, it would not be as easy as that one. Maybe, it would take a thousand years before the world would open up.

comment

• Financial
      Financial commented
      editing_a_comment
      A thousand years? That is too long! How many millions of people would gonna need to suffer before that time comes that everyone would be accepted?

• TeethPlane
      TeethPlane commented
      editing_a_comment
      Even if others cannot accept it they cannot do anything because that is who you really are.

• ItsTrickie
      ItsTrickie commented
      editing_a_comment
      Can't believe that you think that won't happen in our lifetime. What makes you think that it would take a thousand years before people would be more open minded?

I certainly hope so. But I'm afraid that it won't happen within my life time based on what I've been seeing out there.

comment

• KistKiss
      KistKiss commented
      editing_a_comment
      Do you really think that it will not happen during your lifetime or you're still secretly hoping that it can happen?

• SmilesAway
      SmilesAway commented
      editing_a_comment
      It is possible that it can happen in your life time if all of those narrow minded people would suddenly drop dead lol.
working_ellipsis
X