Feelings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feelings

To those who came out already, I want to know what were you feeling a few minutes or hours before you came out to your parents?

I bet they had butterflies in their stomachs just like anyone of us who's going to say something important to them and you don't know how they would react.

Comment

• Ponde4rHot
      Ponde4rHot commented
      Editing a comment
      Did your parents accept you immediately when you came out?

• KatrLove
      KatrLove commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that's basic whenever you're trying to tell something that you're afraid that the other person might not take it well.

• ItsTrickie
      ItsTrickie commented
      Editing a comment
      Ponde4rHot They didn't accept it at first but learned to accept me after days have passed.

I felt very much comfortable to talk to them. They accepted what I am now and I was so glad that I was treated as a normal person to them.

Comment

• dickhertz
      dickhertz commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good thing because not all parents are accepting their children.

• Loverser
      Loverser commented
      Editing a comment
      But I think deep in their hearts they are not proud of what you've become and they are hiding their dislike towards you.

I felt bad at first because they did not accept me but after a few months, they contacted me and said sorry because they were shocked by what I said.

Comment

• HaremHarmony
      HaremHarmony commented
      Editing a comment
      It's normal at the start to be rejected for what I saw. I bet they realize that they made a mistake for not accepting you at that time.

• BleakHeatingBoundary
      Editing a comment
      Were you relieved when they called you and told you that they were sorry about the way they acted?

It was actually disappointing for me. When I came out on my family, they did not believe me and just said that I am fooling them.

Comment

• dec
      dec commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm guessing that they still didn't believed you that you're telling the truth that's why you were disappointed?

• garyrary
      garyrary commented
      Editing a comment
      They're probably sure that you are not capable of being one so that's why they think that you're fooling them.

• BreezeLoveTroik
      BreezeLoveTroik commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a stereotypical reaction when one has come out and I don't blame them if they think they are being fooled by you.

Quite anxious about what to say and do about it, slightly nervous because it's the moment where you will hear something awful and hurtful if they won't accept you.

Comment

• Siumedia
      Siumedia commented
      Editing a comment
      All you can do is accept what they say to you and make sure you're not too sensitive to handle it or else you will be crying all day.

• StrangeNewsAncient
      StrangeNewsAncient commented
      Editing a comment
      So did the accept you freely or it took sometime before they accepted you.

Why are you curious to find out what they were feeling before coming out? Are you thinking of coming out as well?

Comment

• JackWabbit
      JackWabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      He might be coming out as well and wants to know how people deal with those things.

• VinnyBeany
      VinnyBeany commented
      Editing a comment
      I think he wants to know what it feels like if ever he will come out and tell his parents about it.

I think it's the same feeling if you're planning to tell your parents a secret that you've been hiding for a long time.

Comment

• pussySwankylicking
      pussySwankylicking commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you feel not worried about it especially their reaction?

• FollowShrillPresent
      Editing a comment
      How many times have you talked to your parents about secrets that you've kept from them for a long time?

Once I came out and told my parents that I was transgender and I was in the process of transitioning, they supported me and it was like a tremendous weight had been lifted off my shoulders. The word that best describes my reaction was RELIEF!

Comment

• assWrytight
      assWrytight commented
      Editing a comment
      I do agree that the best feeling after coming out as trans is a sign of relief especially if they accepted us already.

• Injustice
      Injustice commented
      Editing a comment
      Guess you're one of the lucky ones whose parents accepted you openly. Not like the others who were disowned or it took sometime before accepting them.

• SmilesAway
      SmilesAway commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes it's unbelievable if they came out successfully with their parents without suffering to much trouble.
Working...
X