Open up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open up?

Most people value their privacy so much so that they won’t provide very specific information to strangers whom they have just met. Is it necessary to open your past with the person on your first date?

No, we should not state everything that they want to know. Let us keep the sensitive portions reserved for the future.

Comment

• LegsGo
      LegsGo commented
      Editing a comment
      So would you hide your true self on the first date? Would you pretend to be a real woman?

• annierection
      annierection commented
      Editing a comment
      assObeisanttight I would wait for the right time. The right time would come eventually. I just need to take the right moment.

• annierection
      annierection commented
      Editing a comment
      LegsGo I won't state that I am a real woman. There would be no statement like that. But I won't also state that I am a transgender. I just want to enjoy the first date - you know, the usual eat and talk thingy.

If they don't know that I'm trans, then I would be upfront and tell him immediately. Don't want it to make it sound like I wasn't honest with him for not telling about my past

Comment

• Labea
      Labea commented
      Editing a comment
      There's nothing wrong with being true to yourself unless they've asked you.

• garyrary
      garyrary commented
      Editing a comment
      But some people are very easy to be noticed as trans. Do you agree?

I think that there are certain things that should be talked about immediately if you're comfortable enough in discussing them. But you have to gauge the person first if he or she can handle with what you're going to tell him or her

Comment

• macytrey
      macytrey commented
      Editing a comment
      This is actually the problem. You see, most men would not be able to understand what trans are. They would leave you before you could even explain to them.

I would tell them upfront so that I won't be disappointed right after. At least I get to see their initial reactions first.

Comment

• FunSoft
      FunSoft commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll pat yourself on the back when you become true to yourself and see who will truly accept you.

• RageThinDrill
      RageThinDrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that something that you've done before? And if so, what's the most common reaction that you would get from the guy that you're dating?

Are you talking a persons past in general or is this something for people who are transitioning or done with transitioning?

Comment

• FrogAddiction
      FrogAddiction commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it is in general and not about our past genders

• JackWabbit
      JackWabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      The past in general includes the transitions or anything that happened in the past.

I wouldn't spill everything to him immediately. But I'm willing to answer any of the questions that he's going to ask me

Comment

• anyaneeze
      anyaneeze commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet that there would be questions that you wouldn't answer during that date. I've done what you're suggesting before and I ended up changing the topic a couple of times because of her question

I would just answer any of her questions during the date so that I wouldn't end up oversharing to her

Comment

• drew peacock
      drew peacock commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you accidentally overshared during a date before that's why you're keeping it safe?

It is okay to talk about your past during the first date. But it doesn't mean that you have to talk about every single thing. Just share what you think are the things that he or she has to know about you

Comment

I just tell the basic things that they need to know about me. And if they still have other questions about me, I would gladly answer them

Comment

No need to spill the beans everything about yourself immediately. Just answer the questions that your date is asking you, and you're already safe

Comment

There is a chance that your date will not see you again if you have told the person everything and anything that he or she needs to know about you

Comment

Working...
          X