About love

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About love

This is a bit philosophical. Could you love someone when you do not love your own self?

I think that you could still love someone even if you do not love yourself. Love is a feeling. When you care for someone then that is already love.

Comment

• dec
      dec commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. You could love someone even if you do not love your own self. Do they love their family and friends? I think so.

No, I do not think that's possible. Before loving someone, you should see to it that you love yourself first. Because how can you love others when you do not even know how to love and care for yourself?

Comment

• LikeCream
      LikeCream commented
      Editing a comment
      So, what can you say about the depressed people? Most probably that they do not love themselves, but they still love others.

• MarlinMartingale
      MarlinMartingale commented
      Editing a comment
      LikeCream Do not assume that depressed people do not love themselves. They may have a mental illness but they're trying their best to love themselves.

Love is a feeling of care and attention to someone who we like to have. Since it is a feeling then it is possible. We may not feel that we love our own selves, but we could still love other people.

Comment

• pussyLargewet
      pussyLargewet commented
      Editing a comment
      But I do hope that it is not a one-sided love, I mean, how can you love a person that does not even love you as much as he does? That's when the time comes that you should learn how to love yourself.

• macytrey
      macytrey commented
      Editing a comment
      pussyLargewet There is a possibility that the love is just one-sided. Even then, it is still a proof that a person who does not love his own self could still love someone else.

I do not know. Honestly, I could not think of anything. Okay, I think that they could love even if they do not love themselves.

Comment

• TeethPlane
      TeethPlane commented
      Editing a comment
      Love is a selfless act so it's okay to love others if you do not love yourself.
      As long as you give love to other people, then I guess you're okay with not having to love yourself anymore.

• pussyTiredlicking
      pussyTiredlicking commented
      Editing a comment
      TeethPlane Oh my gosh. You stated it so well. I could not find other words for it but it was you who gave the keywords: selfless act.

No, you cannot love other people if you do not love yourself. Think of it this way, you've loved your boyfriend more than yourself and he suddenly left you but because you're deeply in love with him, I guess you'll find it hard to get yourself together clearly because you never loved yourself first.

Comment

• Loveriegar
      Loveriegar commented
      Editing a comment
      This is why I always put myself first. You are absolutely right! I've always loved myself and it will never change even if I had a boyfriend whatsoever. I want him to know that he can love me or leave me but he wouldn't change the fact that I love me. And there is no chance that he can hurt me.

• FunSoft
      FunSoft commented
      Editing a comment
      You would survive even if your boyfriend had left you. You think that you would not survive but you would.

Originally posted by anitalongerman View Post
    This is a bit philosophical. Could you love someone when you do not love your own self?
    I love myself and it stays that way. It's not that hard to love yourself, it will be easy to find love if you know your worth, right?

Comment

• annierection
      annierection commented
      Editing a comment
      It will be easy to find love if you know your worth.

This made my head spin. I kept on asking myself how. Care to elaborate more?

• Labea
      Labea commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that even if we say that we do not love our own selves, there is still a little percentage that you love your self. It could not be 0%, right?

• andycornholder
      andycornholder commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it is not hard to love our own selves. If we care for our body, then we already love our selves, right?

I have not known a person who does not love his own self. I think that all people love themselves, right?

Comment

Working...
    X