Wrong!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong!

To all transgenders here, what do you do or say when people used the wrong pronoun on you? Personally, I find it offensive.

I always tell remind them to refer to me as a woman because that is what I am now.

Comment

• StrangeNewsAncient
      StrangeNewsAncient commented
      Editing a comment
      But do you see that as an insult to you? I mean, using the wrong pronouns.

• anitalongerman
      anitalongerman commented
      Editing a comment
      StrangeNewsAncient Yeah, it's still insulting but I always try to compose myself.

Slightly offended, I don't usually take it personally to them.

Comment

• Siumedia
      Siumedia commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. But sometimes I'm trying to correct them.

Can you tell me more about the right use of pronouns for you guys so that I will not offend anybody here?

Comment

I find it really offensive when someone asks me my real name.

Comment

• garyrary
      garyrary commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you still use your real / dead name?

I really don't mind if they got it wrong accidentally. I just correct them, as for the ones who get it wrong intentionally, it would just be better to ignore them since I don't want to waste my time with those kind of people

Comment

• FrogAddiction
      FrogAddiction commented
      Editing a comment
      That's right. I don't wanna make things more complicated.

• andycornholder
      andycornholder commented
      Editing a comment
      FrogAddiction yeah, because there is no use arguing with close-minded people.

Can you tell us why you find it offensive?

Comment

• assObeisanttight
      assObeisanttight commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that you already know what she's talking about here so you don't need to ask her that question

I have friends who were transgenders and learned the right way how to treat them.

Comment

• JaneDough
      JaneDough commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you tell us what to do on how to treat them properly?

• Bearitzens
      Bearitzens commented
      Editing a comment
      Creamal Yes, they are friends for keeps.

• Bearitzens
      Bearitzens commented
      Editing a comment
      JaneDough Always be considerate and never ever call them by their old name.

Can you tell us how and what are the things to avoid to treat you guys properly?

Comment

• BeachBurke
      BeachBurke commented
      Editing a comment
      I would also like to know how to treat them properly.

• Labea
      Labea commented
      Editing a comment
      Why not the both of you go online and do some research? Are you expecting that you would be spoon fed here?

In general I try to correct them as much as possible. But if I feel that the person is the type who has a conservative background I would just try and understand that he or she would never use the correct pronoun on me

Comment

• GriceVoice
      GriceVoice commented
      Editing a comment
      So you feel that it would be just a waste of time if you would keep on correcting the person

I will politely tell them that they used the wrong pronoun on me and will try to correct them.

Comment

• dixonCox
      dixonCox commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you going to do if they continued using the wrong pronoun?

• Loveriegar
      Loveriegar commented
      Editing a comment
      That only means one thing, they are doing it on purpose to insult me.

When talking with transgender, I always make sure to use the correct and proper pronouns because I know that using the wrong pronouns will somehow hurt them.

Comment

• StickStitch
      StickStitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Same goes with me, because I know that using the correct pronouns to trans people are big deal to them.

Don't take it personally if they used the wrong pronouns on you, I think some of them don't actually mean it.

Comment

• dickhertz
      dickhertz commented
      Editing a comment
      But what if they mean it? On the part of the transgender, that is a serious offense.

I think it's time for the society to be educated on these kinds of things (LGBTQ, using proper pronouns to trans), other people might find it a no big deal, but for them, it is.

Comment

Working...
    X